Five Reasons to Become a Friend of South Shore Health
As a not-for-profit, independent health care provider, South Shore Health System relies on the support of our community to fulfill our mission of healing, caring and comforting people of all ages across our region.
There are many ways to support programs across South Shore Health System, from joining our Boston Marathon team to our annual Walk for Hospice. But one of the most affordable—and fun—ways to support health care in your community is to become a Friend of South Shore Health. In fact, an annual membership is only $25 ($40 for a couple).
This dynamic group offers individuals the opportunity to help others by leveraging their talents and expertise to support South Shore Health, all while meeting new people and having fun.
Below are five reasons why you should join The Friends of South Shore Health.
- Take regional trips. Leave the planning and driving to us! Friends receive discounts and priority seating on trips that have included: an overnight to New York City; a lobster/clambake at Cabbage Island in Maine; a visit to a Vermont farm that specializes in the majestic Friesian show horses; a class at Stonewall Kitchen’s Cooking School; a performance of Blue Man Group; and a warm-weather trip to Block Island, Rhode Island. Each member is allowed to bring a guest along to enjoy the fun.
- Get discounted rates for community exercise programs. Want to get in shape? Friends of South Shore Health get a discount on South Shore Health's community exercise programs. Whether you’re exercising in our heated pool or taking a land-based class, they’re led by South Shore Health’s highly trained experts.
- Receive discounts to area businesses. As a Friend of South Shore Health, you’ll receive the same discounts as our colleagues at local businesses, including Stockholders, Oasis Day Spa and Snyder’s Jewelers.
- Make a difference in our community... The Friends truly touch the lives of South Shore Health patients and families, often when they are at their most vulnerable. Some initiatives supported by The Friends include our Bereavement Support and Resource Line and beautifully designed bags for the belongings of patients that have passed at South Shore Hospital.
- …In a way that’s meaningful for you. The Friends has many affinity groups that you can opt to join. These groups organize events or find other ways to support specific areas of the Health System, such as the upcoming 15th Annual Kickin’ Up Country for Home Care, the 9th Annual Set the Pace Road Race for heart and vascular care, and the 10th Annual Croquet Classic (scheduled for September 15), which supports pediatric care.
Interested in becoming a Friend? Visit our website to become a member or call 781-624-8520.
To get updates from South Shore Health System's Foundation, sign up for the Foundation & Friends e-newsletter, see here.