Wellness Reset: Tips for Getting Back into a Healthy Routine
As the seasons change, it’s a great time to do a wellness reset – for mind and body
Here are some steps to take to get into a healthy routine this fall:
- Make a schedule that works for you and stick to it. This schedule includes work, family, and you time.
- Hold yourself accountable: Choose realistic tasks or milestones (For example, spend an hour per week doing relaxation/meditation). You will feel like you are achieving small goals, forming positive habits.
- Clean your space: Start fresh for the season by cleaning, organizing or making décor changes.
- Stay social: Continue to see friends and family in an ongoing way that works for you.
- Be good to yourself: Mentally prepare for the seasonal changes by focusing on your strengths and adaptability.
- Try new things: Maybe it is an art or exercise class -- whatever you find interesting, challenging and fun.
If getting in shape and being more active is on your autumn to-do list, South Shore Health’s Community Exercise Program offers a variety of land, pool and virtual classes fit for all ages and ability levels. Try a class for free by emailing CEP@southshorehealth or calling 781-624-4367.
Jennifer Logan is the Director for the Center for Physical Wellness' Community Exercise and Aquatics Programs. Learn more about Community Exercise classes at South Shore Health.