Volunteer With Us!
Contact for South Shore Hospital and Community Volunteering:
Contact for Hospice Volunteering:
Each year, more than 400 volunteers offer their time and talents to help South Shore Health. From assisting in clerical work to helping patients navigate South Shore Hospital, our volunteers truly make a difference in the lives of our caregivers, our patients, and their families. We are always seeking volunteers for all shifts, every day of the week. To volunteer you must be at least 16 years old and must commit to one four-hour shift per week for one year.
In addition to the personal satisfaction that comes from making a difference, our volunteers enjoy the following benefits:
- A complimentary meal in the South Shore Hospital dining room (up to $6 value) on the days you work or are attending a hospital meeting. (Hospice volunteers may redeem their meal vouchers on any convenient day)
- An invitation to our annual Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon
- Service pins or certificates, in recognition of years/hours of service.
- Free annual flu immunizations
- Discounts on selected South Shore Hospital seminars, classes, and health programs
- Discounts at area merchants, such as dry-cleaners, travel agencies, cinemas, wholesale shopping clubs, salons, amusement parks, restaurants and others
- Periodic discounts on selected items in the hospital's charitable gift shops
- Priority areas in need of assistance are the amateur radio program, critical care reception, emergency department, patient/visitor escorts, patient information, patient access services, patient relations, and retail shops.
- Providing patient directory information
- Escorting patients in the hospital. Student Escort positions are available for after-school hours and weekends.
- Providing friendly visits to patients
- Answering caller questions
- Helping customers in our Friendly Shop
- Computer data entry and clerical assistance
- Compassionate Companions for our No One Dies Alone program.
- Provide companionship to patients in their home
- Offer respite to caregivers
- Run errands
To volunteer with Hospice of the South Shore, contact Lora Wooster at 781-624-7255. You can also download an application below.
Download the Hospice Volunteer Application.
- Participate in fundraising events
- Staff information booths at community functions