Ready to Run the 2022 Boston Marathon?
Lace up your sneakers and get ready to run in support of patients in need of world-class health care on the South Shore.
The 126th Boston Marathon is scheduled for April 18, 2022 and South Shore Health is now accepting applications to join its marathon team.
South Shore Health is proud to be an official Partner of John Hancock in the Marathon Non-Profit Program. Thanks to its ongoing partnership with John Hancock, this is the eleventh year South Shore Health has been awarded a limited number of bibs to field a Boston Marathon team. South Shore Health will also partner with the Marathon Coalition™ to provide a training program designed by a professional coach, customized to each individual runner’s needs and goals.
Additionally, Team South Shore Health runners will receive:
- Weekly training runs offered on the Marathon course
- Opportunities to learn and train with other runners participating in the Marathon
- Professional fundraising support including; tips and tools to reach your fundraising commitment
Team South Shore Health runners can chose to fundraise for behavioral health or cancer care services and programs. Runners earmark their fundraising in support of one of the following programs/services:
- Supporting the implementation of behavioral health and substance use disorder services and initiatives within the Grayken Center for Treatment at South Shore Health.
- Cancer care at the Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women’s Cancer Center in clinical affiliation with South Shore Hospital.