Introducing South Shore Health’s New Physical Therapy and Wellness Center
South Shore Health is excited to announce the opening of its new Physical Therapy and Wellness Center at 143 Longwater Drive in Norwell.
The new 1,600-square-foot space will provide expanded access to our existing breadth of physical therapy and rehabilitative services throughout the health system.
“At South Shore Health, we aim to provide the region’s most comprehensive programs and services to optimize the health and wellness of our patients and community,” said Allen L. Smith, MD, MS, President/CEO of South Shore Health. “This addition to our Physical Therapy and Wellness program will further streamline care and access for our patients throughout the South Shore.”
The new center is located on the ground floor of South Shore Medical Center, further enhancing the services available at that location, while providing accessibility for primary care patients and others in the community. The Center will offer physical therapy; the staff consists of experts trained in physical therapy.
“We are thrilled to open our new location,” said Jackie Kilrain, Director of Physical Therapy and Wellness. “Our dedicated therapists set goals and create comprehensive treatment plans around our patients’ specific condition, injury or pain to help them get back to doing what they love quicker.”
South Shore Health’s Physical Therapy and Wellness program offers comprehensive rehabilitative and therapeutic services in locations throughout our health system including the following disciplines:
- Physical Therapy: Programs and expertise designed to manage your pain and focus on improving your function while providing you with long-lasting health benefits.
- Occupational Therapy: Programs focusing on the therapeutic use of daily tasks and activities to help patients live their best lives.
- Speech Therapy: Programs focused on treating cognitive and communication challenges in patients of all ages.
- Pediatric Therapy: Programs offering offers physical therapy, occupational therapy, aquatic therapy, and speech therapy services for infants, children, and adolescents from birth to 17 years of age.
- Sports Medicine: Programs customized for all ages and abilities. From weekend warrior to pro athlete, our elite programs provide optimal recovery and improvement.
- Community Exercise: From in-person small group sessions to virtual classes or aquatic therapy, we have something for every need and age group to help you build strength, flexibility, and endurance.
Our new name (Physical Therapy and Wellness) better reflects the program’s mission – not only treating those who are sick or injured, but also practicing preventive wellness in healthy populations at all levels to encourage optimal health and function throughout the continuum of life.