Holiday Recipes: Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins
Want to make something warm and cozy with the family to get you in the holiday spirit?
Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins
- Cooking spray or muffin tin liners
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (can substitute gluten-free flour)
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon Duxbury Saltworks local sea salt
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree (we prefer Libby’s)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- local honey for drizzling
- 1/2 cup carob chips, optional
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease muffin tins (or use paper liners).
In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt.
In a medium bowl, blend together pumpkin puree, sour cream, brown sugar, and melted butter. Combine until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, and blend well. Add carob chips, if using and fold in until chips are distributed evenly.
Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and combine.
Spoon prepared batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each one about 3/4 full, and bake for 20-22 minutes, until a toothpick inserted the center comes out clean and top of muffins are golden in color.
Let cool for 5 minutes and serve with local honey to drizzle on top.