Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie [Recipe]
Do you have fond memories of when peanut butter and jelly sandwiches were one of your lunch box staples? You can still enjoy that same flavor combination with a delicious “PB & J” smoothie.
In two simple steps, this nostalgically flavored beverage makes for an easy breakfast on the go, or a great post-workout snack.
The nutrition team at South Shore Health recommends the “PB & J” smoothie as a healthier alternative to the high-sugar, fast-food smoothies.
You can adjust the recipe to make an “AB & J” or a “CB & J,” version by substituting the peanut-based ingredients with those containing almond or cashew.
- 1 cup ice
- 6 ounces strawberries, hulled (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 6 ounces raspberries (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons coarsely chopped unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
- Place all ingredients except peanuts in a blender; blend until smooth.
- Divide smoothie among 4 glasses; sprinkle evenly with peanuts. Serve immediately.
Serving Size: 2/3 cup
Saturated Fat: 1.3g
This recipe originally appeared in Cooking Light.