The South Shore Health Foundation is proud to celebrate 10 years as an official Partner of John Hancock in the Marathon Non-Profit Program for the 125th Boston Marathon®!
To apply to run in the IN-PERSON 125th Boston Marathon with Team South Shore Health, please click here!
Over the last nine years, our Boston Marathon team has raised close to $1.4 million for care in our community. We are extremely grateful to John Hancock for their continued support.
This exclusive opportunity will allow limited runners to apply to run on behalf of Team South Shore Health for the in-person race on Monday, October 11, 2021. Members of the community who are running the Virtual Experience will also have the opportunity to fundraise on behalf of South Shore Health.
All runners on the South Shore Health Boston Marathon Team will have the opportunity to raise funds for either the behavioral health and substance use disorder programs within the Grayken Center for Treatment or the Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women’s Cancer Center in clinical affiliation with South Shore Hospital. Two inspiring programs delivering hope to thousands of South Shore families.
- The Grayken Center for Treatment at South Shore Health connects with residents through our Bridge Program, Perinatal Behavioral Health Program, and through office-based addiction treatment at South Shore Medical Center in Norwell.
- The Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women’s Cancer Center in clinical affiliation with South Shore Hospital offers advanced treatments and clinical trials right here on the South Shore.
All Team South Shore Health members will receive: *
- Race entry
- Team South Shore Health race singlet
- Individualized training program designed by a professional coach from the Marathon Coalition
- Weekly training runs every Saturday on the Marathon course with the Marathon Coalition
- Fundraising tips and tools, including a personal online fundraising page
- Team meetings and workshops on training and fundraising
- Post-race and additional amenities
- COVID-19 testing
* Race and training program are subject to modifications, postponements, or cancellation pending evolving CDC recommendations, state guidelines, or Boston Athletic Association decisions, per CDC, state guidelines, or any changes made by the Boston Athletic Association. Runners may be expected to produce up to two negative COVID-19 tests prior to the race.
If you have any questions, please contact Angela Floro at 781-624-8142 or AFloro [at] southshorehealth.org.
Are you a qualified runner with your own entry from another source, or interested in the Virtual Experience and want to raise money for South Shore Health? We would love for you to join the team! Please email FoundationEvents [at] southshorehealth.org.
South Shore Health is proud to be an official partner of John Hancock in the Marathon Non-Profit Program.
Thank you to our generous sponsor!