South Shore Health Nurses Achieve Full Accreditation for Continuing Professional Development
South Shore Health has been granted full accreditation as a provider of Nursing Continuing Professional Development (NCPD) by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
“Achieving ANCC accreditation is a tangible demonstration of South Shore Health’s commitment to delivering high-quality, evidence-based continuing education that promotes the professional development of our nurses,” said Sharon Stemm, MSN, RN, NE-BC, Associate Chief Nursing Officer of Professional Development.
South Shore Health’s Clinical Professional Development Specialists (CPDS) Team was responsible for achieving this mark of distinction that acknowledges the organization’s commitment to lifelong learning. Susan Duty, ScD, MSN, RN, ANP, BC, Nurse Scientist was the CPDS colleague who led the ANCC Accredited Provider Unit application process to achieve this privilege.
“We are proud that South Shore Health is part of an influential global community of accredited organizations that have demonstrated a measurable commitment to the professional enrichment of its nurses, which leads to empirical outcomes for our patients,” said Andrew Harding, DNP, RN, NEA-BC, FACHE, FAHA, FAEN, Chief Nursing Officer.
NCPD accreditation from ANCC elevates educational offerings that benefit our nurses, and the patients and communities we serve, by:
- Promoting the highest professional standards to sustain effective strategies that improve professional nursing practice
- Improving curricula for nurses to provide evidence-based education that strengthen professional development programs
- Increasing credibility to adhere to evidence-based, global standards that deliver quality, professional education
- Expanding visibility to be included among other accredited organizations that are listed in a nationwide, searchable directory
- Increasing demand to offer continuing professional development contact hours that are essential to building professional portfolios, and maintaining certification and accreditation from ANCC and other licensing boards and regulatory bodies
The duration of South Shore Health’s accreditation period is four years.