Individualized Treatment Plans Designed for You
The medical oncology team at Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women’s Cancer Center in clinical affiliation with South Shore Hospital—focuses on you. From diagnosing your cancer and developing your treatment plan to coordinating your overall care, the team collaborates with the Center’s surgeons, radiation oncologists, pathologists and other cancer experts so that each patient benefits from an integrated, coordinated plan of care.
Your medical oncologist (doctor who specializes in cancer) is your partner from diagnosis to survivorship and is responsible for:
- Managing your cancer treatment plan and therapies
- Collaborating with other medical professionals to determine your treatment options
- Monitoring and evaluating your progress
- Consulting with you about your treatment choices and any treatment side effects you may experience
- Providing medical guidance to help you make informed decisions
- Connecting you and your family to support services that meet your educational, emotional, and financial needs during treatment
Physician assistants, clinical nurse practitioners, and nurse navigators may work with your medical oncologist to assist in providing your cancer care. Medical oncology care and outpatient infusion are conveniently located on the third floor of the Center and are provided by Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. Here, patients have check-ups and confer with their medical oncologist and oncology nurse.