At South Shore Hospital, our goal is to provide every woman with the childbirth experience they envisioned. Whether you are a first-time expectant parent or having another child, we are here to make the birth of your baby as calm and comfortable as possible.
Our excellence in caring for expectant mothers and delivering babies is the reason why we welcome nearly 4,000 infants every year — more than any other hospital in the region. Our program offers resources and support to help families throughout the entire process. This includes everything from childbirth and baby care classes, to breastfeeding education and support.
Did You Know Our Maternity Program:
- Offers its own pregnacy app called SSH Babies (available for both iPhone and Android)
- Offers a choice of community-based maternity care providers – including more than 40 OB/GYNs and certified nurse midwives. Among these maternity care providers are the OB/GYNs that practice at The Women’s Center of South Shore Medical Center, which joined South Shore Health System in 2015.
- Has the region’s only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) — staffed 24 hours a day by on-site, board- certified neonatologists from Boston Children's Hospital, to care for ill or premature infants.
- Has a newly renovated, beautifully-appointed Maternity Center with spacious private birthing rooms and private post-partum rooms.
- Has a first-birth C-section rate below the national average.
- Offers home health services to ease mother's and newborn's transition home.
To learn more about our maternity services or to schedule a tour, call 781-624-4354.
People like to have options when making decisions regarding their pregnancy, and here we offer that depth of services.
Nannette Landry, CNM
Certified Nurse, Midwife
I love guiding women and families through the journey of pregnancy and feel blessed to be part of each amazing birth.
Meg Currier, RN
I love working in maternity with new families, giving them the confidence to start their journey together.