South Shore Health System offers state-of-the-art technology in a supportive environment for your annual mammogram screening. Our professional staff always puts the patient first — ensuring your comfort —whether you are having a routine breast exam or a biopsy.
Women from across the South Shore choose us for their mammograms because:
- South Shore Hospital’s mammography centers are accredited by the American College of Radiology.
- South Shore Hospital’s breast imaging program is designated a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
- 3-D breast tomosynthesis mammography is available at South Shore Hospital’s Outpatient Imaging and Women’s Specialty Center. Breast tomosynthesis helps better distinguish harmless abnormalities from tumors, resulting in fewer callbacks, and is especially helpful in examining dense breast tissue.
- Our hospital’s Breast Care Center, located at the Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women’s Cancer Center in clinical affiliation with South Shore Hospital, is an accredited Breast Center by the American College of Surgeons, another sign of our commitment to expertise in the field.
- All mammograms are read by board-certified South Shore Hospital radiologists.
- Advanced breast imaging, including breast MRI, is available for further diagnosis and treatment planning.
South Shore Health System's mammography services are offered at two convenient locations: Cohasset Radiology and South Shore Hospital Outpatient Imaging and Women's Specialty Center.
Mammography appointments are offered mornings, evenings, and Saturdays, and are available to you within days of your screening request. Call us at 781-624-4090 to schedule.