Red, White and Blueberry Dessert Trifle Recipe
Have you ever tried topping off your favorite dessert with a few berries? Fruit has a naturally sweet flavor and it is a good source of fiber. Berries are high in antioxidants and they make an excellent addiction to a rich cake.
The red, white and blueberry trifle is a recommended treat that you can make for your next outing. Hope you enjoy!
- 10-ounces angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes (store bought or made from a mix)
- 2 pints strawberries, sliced
- 2 pints blueberries
For the cream filling:
- 6 TBS fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ½ cups cold water
- 1 (4-ounce) package of white chocolate or cheesecake, instant pudding mix
- 12-ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Whisk the condensed milk and water in a bowl. Whisk in the pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set, and then fold in the whipped topping.
- Arrange half of the angel food cake cubes in the bottom of a 14-cup trifle dish. Sprinkle evenly with a layer of blueberries.
- Spread half of the cream mixture over the blueberries and gently spread evenly. Top with a layer of strawberries.
- Layer the remaining cake cubes on top of the strawberries, add a layer of blueberries, and top with the remaining cream mixture.
- Finish with the remaining strawberries and blueberries.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one 1 hour.
Nutrition Information (Per serving)
Serving size: 1 Cup
Total Fat: < 1 gram
Protein: 2.5 grams
Carbohydrates: 38 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Recipe Source: SkinnyTaste.com