7 Reasons to Join South Shore Health's Pan-Mass Challenge Team
Are you riding this year’s Pan-Mass Challenge (PMC)? If you’re not already registered for a team, consider joining Team SSHS.
When you join our team— and designate funds to Team SSHS—all of the money you raise will go to support patients who receive care at the Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women’s Cancer Center in clinical affiliation with South Shore Hospital in Weymouth.
There are also some other great benefits of joining Team SSHS including:
- Dedicated team to support your training and fundraising goals. Every rider will be supported by a team in our Foundation who will explain PMC resources, tools and fundraising tips. It all starts with our team kick-off meeting, which is an opportunity to bond with other team members and to meet the team at South Shore Health System who is ready to help you every step of the way.
- Designated physical therapist. Our dedicated physical therapist will offer training tips, nutritional advice and will provide guidance on how to avoid injury and be as prepared as possible on the day of the ride.
- Experienced team captains. Our team captains are veteran riders with decades of experience riding the PMC. They will set up training rides and have committed to offering support and advice to team members.
- Free marketing and promotion. Our marketing experts will promote the team on social media and in our numerous electronic and print communications to community members. We also develop press releases to local papers to bring greater awareness to each rider’s efforts to raise funds for a local cause.
- Cool swag. Who doesn’t like cool swag? Every member of Team SSHS will receive custom designed kits.
- Arrange the logistics. Our team will arrange transportation from our Cancer Center to Sturbridge on Friday, August 3.
- A big celebration in your honor. Finishing the PMC is a major accomplishment and we’re all about celebrating. This celebration is also a way for us to thank you for all of your hard work training and raising funds for cancer patients on the South Shore.
How to Join Team SSHS
If you’re already registered as a rider and would like to join Team SSHS and designate your funds raised to our team, contact Lee Angland at (781) 624-8210 or LAngland@southshorehealth.org.