Host a Fundraiser
With the support of your friends, family and colleagues, it’s easy to come together As One to make a difference in the lives of South Shore Health's patients. You can host a gathering, participate in an existing event, make a donation in lieu of gifts at your special occasion, or simply embark on a campaign to raise funds for South Shore Health.
The South Shore Health Foundation is available to help with the following to make your efforts as successful as possible:
- A dedicated staff person to answer your questions and share fundraising/event best practices
- An online personal fundraising page for you to personalize and share with your network
- Tracking of all gifts that are directed to South Shore Health in support of your effort
- Information and marketing materials about South Shore Health and the service or program your effort supports
- Use of the South Shore Health Foundation logo
- Use of the South Shore Health Banner
To get started, register your effort by completing a Community Fundraiser form and a member of our team will contact you. All submissions are subject to approval. Below are some frequently asked questions about community fundraising.
Yes. The South Shore Health name, including the name of our locations (such as South Shore Hospital or the Cancer Center), our programs (such as our Cardiac Care program), and the South Shore Health Foundation logo may be used in conjunction with your fundraiser.
Please contact the South Shore Health Foundation office to obtain an electronic file. Prior to use, you must submit for approval all materials on which you would like the logo to appear.
Yes. As soon as you complete a Community Fundraising Form, and your event is approved, we are happy to help promote your effort.
No. We cannot provide mailing lists of donors, physicians, staff or vendors, as it is our policy to keep this information private.
Our Foundation staff will provide guidance to make your event successful, but we cannot manage your event due to resource constraints. We recommend that you form a committee of friends, family, and others who are excited about your cause.
Yes. Raffles and auctions are a great way to raise money. Massachusetts has strict regulations governing raffles and gaming events carried out for charitable purposes. For more information about the rules governing raffles and “games of chance” in Massachusetts, please visit www.irs.gov.
You are responsible for covering all expenses for your event and will not be reimbursed. Your event costs can be deducted from the funds raised prior to sending the donation to South Shore Health Foundation.
Yes. Please be sure to include this information on your registration form. If there is more than one beneficiary, clearly state the percentage of the proceeds that will benefit South Shore Health on all advertising, promotional, and print material.
- Our Foundation should receive one check from your effort. If you receive additional gifts, please collect all checks and money orders payable to South Shore Health and mail them to the South Shore Health Foundation, 55 Fogg Road, South Weymouth, MA 02190.
- Cash donations should be hand delivered to the South Shore Health Foundation office located at 30 Reservoir Park Drive, Rockland, MA
- South Shore Health will acknowledge/receipt all donors whose gift is made payable directly to South Shore Health
- If gifts made are associated with a raffle, silent or live auction, proper documentation should be attached outlining donor name, item received and the benefit value of the item so we are able to receipt them accordingly.
South Shore Health Foundation
foundation [at] southshorehealth.org