Improving Patient Care and Enhancing Patient Engagement
South Shore MyChart is Epic’s customizable patient portal where patients can access their health records and complete tasks essential to managing their care. Patients can access South Shore MyChart through the web, making many aspects of managing healthcare as convenient as managing an email account.
How South Shore Mychart works
To learn more about how South Shore MyChart works, please watch our in-depth South Shore MyChart Tutorial below:
Easy Patient Engagement
Patients will have the ability to:
Communicate with Providers
- Message via Inbox. Send and receive messages, letters, and questionnaires.
- Get Medical Advice. Send providers photos and messages with non-urgent questions to see if a visit is needed.
- Ask Customer Service. Send non-medical messages to customer service staff.
- Request Referrals. Request a referral to a specialist.
- Review Clinic Calls. Review details of care advice calls and customer service calls.
- Make Rx Refill Requests. Ask for a prescription renewal. If you have integrated pharmacies, the refill is sent directly there for pickup.
- Upcoming Appointments. See details about future appointments, including instructions and driving directions.
- Appointment Management. Directly schedule, confirm, and cancel appointments and enter details about reasons for the visit.
- eCheck-In. Complete most of the check-in process from home, like paying visit copays and verifying allergies and medications.
- After Visit and Admission Summaries. View and download details of past appointments and admissions.
- Fast Pass. Move appointments to an earlier date after being notified that a slot is available.
Information for Patients
Helpful information about South Shore MyChart is available for our patients:
Information for colleagues
South Shore MyChart helps organizations improve patient care, save time, reduce operational costs, and meet compliance and certification criteria.